Our unwavering dedication to integrity and responsibility extends beyond our customers to the planet we share. We work to balance environmental, social, and economic performance through our policies, principles, and certifications. This commitment to the environment and the people we serve ensures that the forests we manage today will contribute to future generations tomorrow.
Our Environmental Policy
Tolko is committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible environmental performance. This is a key value of the Company. Our ability to operate the business, satisfy customers and other stakeholders, and build sustainable economic success is increasingly dependent on our environmental performance. Our commitment applies to all aspects of our business.
Tolko’s Management Team, drawing on the input of employees and stakeholders, provides strategic direction and resources to help the Company honour this policy. This includes ensuring that employees receive the education and training necessary for them to carry out their work in an environmentally responsible manner. Employees will actively participate in environmental management and challenge operating principles they believe can be improved.
Activities that support this policy are:
- Complying with environmental laws and regulations and other requirements to which we commit;
- Continually improving our environmental performance;
- Integrating the requirements of environmental laws and regulations and our other commitments into business planning and decision-making;
- Managing forest land in a professional and sustainable manner consistent with Tolko’s Forest Management Principles;
- Managing operations to minimize pollution;
- Evaluating our environmental performance through internal and external audits, reviews, and benchmarking;
- Communicating environmental, social, and economic performance with our employees, the public, and other stakeholders; and
- Encouraging and recognizing employees for their contribution toward improving our environmental performance.
Related page: Environmental Concerns and Inquiries